Open Opportunities with Benedict Canyon Equities
Senior Acquisitions Associate
Play an essential role in all facets of the deal from start to finish, including underwriting, due diligence, market and competitive comparative analysis, loan selection and processing, equity structuring, investor relations and closing. Be involved in the Fund Analysis, Asset Management and Disposition of acquired properties.
Specific Duties Include:
- 1) Underwrite potential multifamily acquisitions by analyzing historical financial statements and perform market research and analysis.
- 2) Assist in the development of the investment plan and create detailed financial models for new acquisitions under contract, including detailed cash flow pro formas
- with highly structured equity waterfalls (multiple partners and tiers per deal).
- 3) Lead in all aspects of the due diligence process for new acquisitions, including the review of leases, tenant demographics, maintenance records, building condition and reconciliation of historical financial statements to pro forma to ensure accurate underwriting of the deal, go forward business plan and to identify additional opportunities to unlock value post-acquisition.
- 4) Create and prepare investment committee memorandums and business plans.
- 5) Prepare quarterly reports and participate in the research, design and creation of new reports as needed.
- 6) Be involved in the post-acquisition budget process, annual budget process and reforecasting and strategic planning for the portfolio.
- 7) Be involved in financial analysis of potential refinance and dispositions of the portfolio.
- 8) Be involved in Asset Management reporting and monitoring of business plan performance.
- 9) Perform administrative and analytical functions including updating Investment Database, Status Reports and Financial Models.
- 10) Assist in the creation, structuring, underwriting and modeling of future GP investment funds. Oversee 1-2 lower-level subordinates consisting of Transaction Analysts.
Requires a Master’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field plus three (3) years of acquisitions analysis or related analysis experience in a real estate, commercial mortgage, financial institution or accounting firm, including experience researching and analyzing key strategic and financial metrics to identify potential acquisitions and development opportunities; underwriting and modeling creative and complex equity structures with multiple partners and tiers; creating pitch books and presenting them to investment committee and external investors; analyzing data gathered to create solutions and financial forecast; and maintaining relationships with investors and internal and external stakeholders of a project.
Position also requires education or experience in:
- 1) Analyzing and modeling the full scope of a real estate transaction, including customized financial models and financial and waterfall analysis;
- 2) Performing due diligence and preparing reports for senior management or partners;
- 3) Real estate market research;
- 4) Knowledge of real estate finance and primary west coast real estate multifamily markets;
- 5) Experience implementing 1031 Exchange transactions; and
- 6) Working with Excel and MS Office.
*Any level of knowledge, experience and/or coursework in the specific skills is acceptable.
40 hours per week
Benedict Canyon Equity Holdings, LLC
Los Angeles, CA
Mail cover letter and résumé to
BCEH, attn: Nick Matus
10100 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 420
Los Angeles, CA 90067.